Enrolled at Texas A&M and began training with the Aggies in January...Comes from a well-coached, highly regarded club team and quickly proved that she could play a large role for the team in her first season...Goes all out on every play and displays superb ball control...Effectively reads the attacker from all angles...Has a great feel and technique for passing...Is a feisty competitor whose goal is to be on the court full time.
PREVIOUS ATHLETIC EXPERIENCE
A four-year letterwinner and three-year starting libero for coach Ashley Ahlfinger at Cypress Woods High School, where she graduated magna cum laude...Also competed in track and field her first two years -- which included an appearance in regionals in the 4x100 meter relay as a freshman -- before concentrating solely on volleyball...Helped lead the Wildcats to four volleyball district titles, a 161-20 (.890) overall record which included three seasons with 40 or more wins, and an appearance in the state semifinals during her career...Capped her prep career by being named District 17-5A’s top libero for the third consecutive year...Also was named first-team all-state by the Texas Girls Coaches Association and was named AVCA Under Armour Honorable Mention as a senior...In addition, was named to Prepvolleyball.com’s Senior Aces (101-250) and to the 2012-13 LoneStarVolleyball.com All-Texas First Team...Earned academic honors every year throughout her career, having been named to both the Academic All-District 17-5A team and the AVCA Academic Award Winner list all four years...Played for Texas Tornados and Houston Juniors volleyball club teams and was a seven-time participant at USA Volleyball Junior National Championships...Club coaches were former Aggie letterwinners Jennifer (Wells) Kazmierski and Courtnee Rhodes and former Olympian Tara Cross-Battle, as well as Lauren Rhodes, Kara Waddel and Jeff Ham.
Victoria Arenas is the daughter of Rodrigo and Kay Arenas, who both played college tennis at McNeese...Is the youngest of three girls, all of whom play or played volleyball as a libero/defensive specialist at the college level...Her oldest sister, Cristina, began her college volleyball career at Texas and finished her career last season at Alabama and Daniela is a junior at Rice...Victoria began playing volleyball when she was 12 years old...Most memorable moment in athletics is playing high school volleyball with her sister...Chose to pursue volleyball over other sports, because “As much as I LOVED basketball there is something intangible about volleyball that I couldn’t get enough of! I crave the adrenaline rush of taking away a kill from an opponent and running down balls.”...Only official recruiting visit was to Texas A&M...Chose to attend A&M because, “it was perfect! Close to home, which was a necessity, the university has a great reputation and spirit, and the volleyball program is competitive. The girls on the team were very welcoming, and I just knew that it was where I was supposed to be”...Although favorite number is 5, chose to wear the No. 14 jersey because No. 5 was unavailable and 1+4=5, which also is the number of her oldest sister’s first jersey and it also was the number worn by former Aggie Olympian and volleyball idol Stacy Sykora while representing USA...Hobbies include shopping, going to the lake, being active and being outdoors...Is majoring in technology management...Career ambition is to be a physical therapist...Born February 23, 1995, in Houston, Texas.
- Favorite class subject: anatomy
- Favorite volleyball player: Stacy Sykora
- Favorite athlete (any sport): Roger Federer
- Favorite professional sports team (any sport): Texans
- Favorite social media site: Instagram
- Favorite app: Instagram
- Favorite musical artist: Casey Donahew Band
- Favorite food: Queso
- Favorite TV show: Grey’s Anatomy
- Favorite book: I don’t read...
- Favorite movies: Stick It, She’s the Man
- Favorite part about the sport of volleyball: coming together as a team after winning a momentum-shifting point
- Favorite sport to play other than volleyball: tennis
- Favorite Aggie tradition: Aggie Ring
- Favorite Karaoke song to sing: Any Man of Mine by Daniela Arenas
- Favorite piece of advice: make a different mistake
- Favorite Kardashian: Kourtnee because she is always right even when she isn’t
- My nickname is: Too many: Tori, Vicky, Vic, Vicnez
- The most important thing I have learned in my first semester at Texas A&M: manage you’re time or it will drive you crazy!
- One word to describe me when I’m on the court: intense
- One word to describe me away from the court: sarcastic
- The person who has had the greatest impact on my athletic career: can’t choose one; it has to be both of my parents
- The person I would most like to meet: Gandhi
- People have told me that I look like (name of celebrity): Eva Longoria
- Song played most on my iPod: I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes
- When I was little, I dreamed of being an: astronaut, I know cliché
- If you could be a super hero, who would you be and why: super women because she is awesome in her own way and has no limit to what she could accomplish
- What Duck Dynasty character are you most like: Jase
- Early bird or night owl: early bird
- Something I've always wanted to do but haven't: Sky dive
- The reality show I would most like to participate in is: The Real World Challenges
- I can’t believe I watch this show: The Walking Dead
- Few people know that I: have ridiculously cold hands and feet
- My hidden talent(s): got none
- My most prized possession: my brand new Bible!
- My most annoying habit: saying the word “like”
- My pet peeve(s): people not knowing their driving directions/ getting lost
- After I graduate, I plan to: get married and have kids
- My dream job is: to become a physical therapist for the Texans