ATHENS, Ga. (AP) -- Kenny Gaines scored all of his 14 points in the second half, Brandon Morris and Charles Mann each added 10 points and Georgia beat Texas A&M 62-50 on Saturday night.
Georgia (12-10, 6-4 Southeastern Conference) has won two straight after ending a three-game skid in Thursday's victory over LSU.
Mann, the Bulldogs' leading scorer this season, was just 3 for 8 from the field, but his fastbreak dunk, following a steal by Morris, made it 56-48 with 1:55 left in the game.
Jamal Jones finished with 17 points and was the only player to score in double figures for Texas A&M (13-10, 4-6 SEC). The Aggies have lost six of seven.
Georgia sixth man Nemanja Djurisic, the Bulldogs' second-leading scorer this season, hobbled off the court with 1:42 remaining with an apparent right leg injury.
Georgia's next game is Wednesday at Mississippi State.
Texas A&M took its last lead at 40-39 on Shawn Smith's layup with 10:21 remaining. Bulldogs coach Mark Fox called a full timeout, and Gaines scored 12 of Georgia's next 21 points.
Mann played the game with sore ribs on his right side, an injury sustained against LSU, but he hit four straight free throws in the final 1:09 to help push the lead from seven to 12.
Texas A&M hit just one of 19 attempts beyond the arc. Jones went 1 for 10, hitting a 3 from the right side to cut Georgia's lead to 25-23 at the halftime buzzer.
Donte' Williams had nine points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
After Smith's layup, Gaines hit a 3 on Georgia's next possession, and he picked up a loose ball on the Bulldogs' end and jammed to make it 44-40 with 9:19 remaining.
Gaines blocked Jones' runner in the lane to force the Aggies into a shot-clock violation with 5:14 remaining.
Texas A&M had three offensive rebounds on a possession, but couldn't score, and Gaines fed Mann for a fastbreak layup that made it 49-44 with 4:20 remaining.
The Bulldogs went ahead on 52-47 on Gaines' straightaway 3 at the 3:48 mark, and they took a 54-48 lead on an 18-footer by Gaines with 3:01 remaining.
Texas A&M handed out a season-low three assists.
Georgia 62, Texas A&M 50
February 8, 2014 ● Stegeman Coliseum
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M saw its season record fall to 13-10 with a 4-6 mark in SEC play after the 62-50 loss at Georgia on Saturday night.
● The all-time series between the schools now stands 3-0 in favor of Georgia.
● The Aggies shot just 33.9 percent (19-for-56) from the field in the contest with a 1-for-19 mark behind the 3-point arc.
● Texas A&M’s lone 3-pointer in the contest came from Jamal Jones as time expired in the first half … The basket sent the game to the intermission with Georgia leading 25-23.
● The Maroon & White used the starting line-up combination of Alex Caruso, Shawn Smith, Jordan Green, Jamal Jones and Kourtney Roberson for the third time this season.
● Junior Jamal Jones led the Aggies in scoring for the 11th time this season, recording a game-high 17 points on 5-of-13 shooting from the floor … Jones was 6-for-7 from the free throw line.
● Freshman Davonte Fitzgerald pulled down a career-high six rebounds during the return to his home state.
● A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is now 45-43 in his third season at Texas A&M and 256-222 in 16 years as a head coach.
● The Aggies return to College Station where they will host LSU on Wednesday inside Reed Arena at 8 p.m.