A&M Accepts Bid to Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M football team has accepted an invitation to play in the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas on December 31 at 11 a.m. inside Houston's Reliant Stadium. The Aggies will face off against the Northwestern Wildcats from the Big 10 Conference.
"We're excited about the opportunity to finish this season by playing in a great bowl game against a great institution like Northwestern," Interim head coach Tim DeRuyer said. "We're also looking forward to getting back to practice and preparing for a football game. It's a great opportunity for us to represent Texas A&M in the city of Houston and send our seniors out the right way."
The bowl invitation is the 33rd all-time for Texas A&M which has now made a bowl appearance in each of the last three seasons after going to the AT&T Cotton Bowl a year ago and the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl following the 2009 campaign.
It also marks the third postseason trip for the Aggies to the city of Houston, where they also played in the 1977 Bluebonnet Bowl and the 2001 Galleryfurniture.com Bowl, both at the Astrodome.
Texas A&M (6-6, 4-5 Big 12) will be searching for its first bowl victory since its last visit to Houston when the Aggies defeated TCU 28-9 in the 2001 Galleryfurniture.com Bowl.
Northwestern, meanwhile, finished the regular season with a similar 6-6 record that included a 3-5 mark in Big 10 play. The Wildcats won four of their final five games this fall to earn their fourth straight bowl appearance under head coach Pat Fitzgerald.
12th Man Foundation Ticket Office: http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticket-center/football/bowl-tickets.aspx
1. All bowl ticket requests are due by 5 pm, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2011.
2. Bowl orders received by the deadline will be filled based on the Aggie Access Priority Point Program (see www.12thmanfoundation.com for details). Orders received after the deadline are filled by order date.
3. The minimum non-student ticket price in our allotment is $65. Portions of our allotment are also located in the $75 and $90 price levels. Accounts that qualify will be charged at those prices.
4. Our ticket allotment is determined by the bowl and will include a limited number of yardline seats. The majority of our allotment will not be in prime locations.
5. 12th Man Foundation members will be seated according to priority point ranking for the same number of season tickets held. For example, if a donor has four season tickets, they can receive up to four at their priority rank. The remainder of tickets ordered will be seated after all donor orders are filled. 12th Man Foundation members without season tickets may receive two tickets based on their priority point ranking.
6. Ticket limits may be imposed if requests exceed our allotment. In the event we cannot fill your request or can only partially fill your request, you will be notified by e-mail no later than 11:59 pm, Wednesday, December 7, 2011.
7. All bowl orders will be charged a $10 per order processing fee and a $5 per ticket fee.
8. Orders set for regular mail or overnight delivery will be shipped no later than December 16.
9. Information regarding event parking, lodging, and 12th Man Foundation events is still pending.